Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Monday 13 April 2020

Wildlife Garden Challenge: Update 3

Keith's latest update:

click image to enlarge
Fourth week into our 'lockdown'. Living where we do and just being able to get out into our gardens and making sure that we use our one exercise per day wisely, we are blessed with such lovely walks and wildlife all around every one of us. 

click image to enlarge
This time, to ring the changes and as promised, I thought we should look at how people in other countries are dealing with their own problems and to see what wildlife they are seeing in their gardens at exactly the same time as we see our wildlige in ours. Although I would not wish to live anywhere else in the world, I have to admit that sometimes their local wildlife is just magical and oh so colourful! 

The first overseas country we shall explore in this update is from Australia, in fact from Queensland, where Phil Gregory (a good friend of our County Bird Recorder - Keith Betton) has put together a quite remarkable list of what he has seen from his home and garden. To bring you some of the colour I mention above, I have included photographic collages of ten of the 48 species Phil has recorded in the last couple of weeks. I think the most spectacular and also my personal favourite is the Eastern Spinebill, a bird of which I have never previously heard. 
click image to enlarge

In my next update I will follow up with another overseas record, this time from my birding mate Peter in Carthage, Tunisia. 

Don't forget to watch those skies and let me have your records. 

Keith Metcalf 
MCV - Conservation Officer

To see the latest newsletter and  list of sightings so far; please click here.

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts and stay safe and good wildlife watching.


Keith Metcalf
MCV - Conservation Officer
Milford Conservation Volunteers


To read second updateplease click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.