Nordic Walking Brockenhurst have been operating in the Milford on Sea and surrounding areas for nearly six years now and have established a club which offers members a full body workout combined with a safe, green and extremely sociable environment.
|click image to enlarge|
Members very quickly notice a change in their shape, increased stamina and love the fact that they see parts of the Forest and coastline that they didn't even realise existed!
The walks cover an area from Brockenhurst, Sway and Lymington along the coast to Milford on Sea, Barton and Christchurch.
What is Nordic Walking?
It's an enhancement of ordinary walking - it makes something we learn to do as babies twice as effective!
Nordic Walking uses poles in order to add two major benefits to walking:
- The use of poles means the upper body muscles are used as well as the legs
- The poles help to propel the walker along - this means he/she works harder than usual yet the support given by the poles makes it feel easier!
Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique and is not to be confused with trekking or hill walking as the poles are not planted in front of the walker but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body. It can be done by anybody, anywhere and should be learned correctly if the participant is to get the most out of the activity.
- more calories burned than ordinary walking
- works the whole body and strengthens the core
- is easy to learn
- lessens the impact on joints
- great for posture (neck, shoulders and backs)
- embraces the great outdoors!
Nordic Walking Brockenhurst do regular free taster sessions for anyone who'd like to find out for themselves what it's like - why not go along to Barton on Sea on 4 January at 12.00 to kick start a healthy New Year?!!
For further information, please contact Suzanne on 07903 772181 or visit the website:
Nordic Walking Brockenhurst
07903 772181 - 01590 622787