Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Saturday 12 May 2012

Websites Drive Me Mad!

Sometimes I just hate websites, or more specifically get infuriated by the faceless organisations that run them.  They simply would not know great customer service even if it hit them in the face with a wet fish from Verveine.

If you feel up to sharing my pain in trying to spend some money online, simply brace yourself and read on…..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To PC World

Hi, 

Just wanted to let you know an element of your website is worse than rubbish, it is actually massively frustrating and customer friendly in no way whatsoever.

Today I have been trying to order a 60 inch Plasma TV - LG 60PV250K.  The good news is you are offering at a price that I am happy with.  Sadly, the good news stops there.

Going online to order, I then find it is not available for Home Delivery.  Not very convenient, but I could find a way to collect from store if I have too.

The site was then happy to tell me it was not available in the store nearest my requested post code.  Whilst I had resisted throwing my PC out of the window, it then asked if I wanted it to tell me if it was in the next nearest store.  Good idea, I did, - and of course it wasn't.

The website then lost interest in helping any more, and did not bother to tell me where is might have been in stock.  It just had a major sulk, and refused to respond to any button clicking or shouting.

For a nano second I considered spending the rest of my life inputting random postcodes to see if the fictitious TV existed, but then I just lost the will to live.

As you can see this was not a great experience.  Any chance a human could tell me how and where I could buy this TV from please? 

Regards

David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: PC World Customer Services
Sent: 02 May 2012 10:20

Dear David,

Thank you for your email.  I was concerned to learn that our website has been confusing, please accept my apologies with regards to this.

The LG 60PV250K Full HD 60" Plasma TV is currently not available for home delivery, this product is limited stock at some of our stores as the product has now been discontinued and we will not be receiving anymore stock.

The store your requested does not have any stock and local stores to this area are also out of stock.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
The KNOWHOW™(tm) Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: David Long
Sent: 02 May 2012 10:41

Hi Knowhow Team,

A bit of a pointless and standard corporate reply.

It was already pretty obvious you don't have stock locally.  All I really wanted to know was where and how I could buy one.

It seems any store that has one is a closely guarded secret, so my car will have to stay in the garage.

If I could be bothered I would ask for more information, but I can't.

Regards
David





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: David Long
Sent: 09 May 2012 10:41
Hi,

Having almost recovered from the debacle of trying to unsuccessfully buy a 60 inch plasma TV from you last week, I have made the mistake of trying again.

This time I went to your Curry's version of the website to buy a microwave.  It is quite simple, I have the money, you have the goods - should be easy eh?

Oh no, I enter the discount code from the website screenshot below, and guess what?.... Yep, you have got it, your code did not work.

Your website/s is driving me insane!  Has it got something against me personally, or is no-one able to order anything?

Your gremlins then decided to have one last laugh with me, by providing a pop up asking if I would like to provide some feedback on the website.  'Oh yes, at last, someone's interested', I thought.

How daft of me, .....the link didn't work.  So it seems you are paying for a company to do survey's, with a system that doesn't work and customers who can't but anything.  Nice plan.

Someone, somewhere needs to sort your website/s out, before I am driven to throwing my PC out of the window!!  At least it won't hit a passing PC World or Curry's delivery van, as I don't think they ever get any stock delivered.

Regards
David
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: PC World Customer Services
Sent: 11 May 2012 17:30

Dear David,
Thank you for your email.

I was concerned to learn of the difficulties that you have experienced when trying to order from Currys online recently.  As the discount code that you were trying to use was through a 3rd party site, I would recommend that you contact them in the first instance regarding this issue.

Please be assured that providing high quality customer service is of paramount importance to us.  I apologise that this was not your experience on this occasion.

Kind regards,
The KNOWHOW™ Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: David Long
Sent: 11 May 2012 18:11

Hi Knowhow Team,

Hmmm, I am not sure your company is really concerned about the difficulties I have experienced.  I am certainly not assured that providing high quality customer service is of paramount importance to your company.  Plus, you haven’t actually solved any of several the problems raised at all, which unless I have missed something, may be the purpose of your department.

As usual, your standard corporate reply was of no help whatsoever, but I am pleased that your departments e-mail box is now nice and clear for the weekend.

Asking me to phone a company to sort out a problem on a discount they are offering on your behalf nearly had me fall off the chair in hysterics.  While it is nice of you to ask me to help you out, I am actually a bit busy with my own business at the moment.  Sorry about that.

Luckily, when I heard your suggestion I did not hurt myself, all I did was wet myself a little.  Had things been worse I am sure you would have referred me to a never-ending deep black hole for any resulting claim, and of course continue assure me that PC World are really concerned and committed to high quality customer service whilst not sorting anything out.  So thankfully, a lucky escape for us both there.

Actually, as an aside, it might be really funny to hear PC World’s definition of ‘high quality customer service’.  Does it include a paragraph; ‘Resolve all customer issues with a twee statement or two, but don’t sort anything else out, as we are busy people and have plenty more complaints to get rid of by telling them how committed and caring we are'?

I, on the other hand, am a helpful person, so can I suggest you change your department name for: ‘The KNOWHOW™ Team’ to ‘The FOB OFF™ Team’.  Sounds about right for everything I have experienced.

PS: Your company owes me a couple of hours of my life.

Regards
David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really expecting a reply now!


1 comment:

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.