Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Tuesday 30 June 2020

Message from Stacey at Ray's Italian

Hello everyone, 

Firstly I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone who has supported the restaurant and myself throughout this pandemic. I also thank you for your generosity in pledging on my crowdfunding page. For those of you who are unaware, we raised a massive £9600, which will go a long way to supporting the business over the coming months. 

I am currently in the process of refurbishing the storeroom at the back of the restaurant to enable me to open the garden shortly. 

I feel it’s essential that I share with you my thoughts on this and what measures I am putting in place and also what I am prepared to do at this moment in time, with regards to opening the doors to you. 

From the Saturday 4th July, I will be extending the takeaway business hours to include Saturdays: 
  • Wednesday 5pm - 8.30pm 
  • Friday 5pm - 9pm 
  • Saturday 5pm - 9pm 
I will also be launching an online ordering system via the website. 

I am also pleased to announce (due to popular demand) that I will be widening the delivery service to the following surrounding areas (at a cost of £2.50 per delivery): 
  • Everton 
  • Barton on Sea 
  • New Milton 
  • Sway 
  • Hordle 
  • Lymington 

Restaurant
With regards to opening the restaurant, I have always had everyone’s health & safety in mind throughout this whole process. We have come so far in this and rushing an opening when the virus is still out there, even if it’s at bay, is not something I am prepared to do at the current moment. 

I will not be opening the main restaurant at this time but I will be opening the garden on a pre-booking/ pre-order/ pre-payment basis only. This is necessary to aid compliance with the government guidance, with Track & Trace and contactless payments. 

I will be taking booking for the restaurant on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays from the 8th July between 5pm and 8pm. 

The earlier tables will be re-laid for the later sitting. Later tables will need to vacated by 9.45pm at the latest. 

I will be running two menus, available on request or you can find them on our website. A children’s menu will be available at £12.50 per child under 12yrs. 

Bookings can only be made for your own household or one other household (maximum 2 households per booking) in our garden, as we may have to move your booking into our garden room if weather is bad. 

On booking you will be sent a copy of my terms and conditions, which I respectfully ask you all to adhere to. This is an unprecedented time we are living in and I have to protect myself, my family, my team, my business and my other diners. Bookings should be made by e-mail ONLY. 

We all have a part to play in this. If one person comes into the restaurant who has Covid 19, my restaurant will be forced to close for 14 days and I really cannot afford for this to happen which is why I am opening with caution. I have managed to offer a service, albeit limited since lockdown and I would be absolutely heartbroken should I have to close due to circumstances out of my control so please be responsible. 

My aim is to run like this in July and I will then review August and communicate further plans later in the month. 

I really look forward to the day we are able to open the restaurant following Government guidance. Until then thank you for your understanding, patience and loyalty. 

Stay safe, best wishes 

Stacey


Ray’s Italian Kitchen
11 High Street, Milford on Sea, SO41 0QF
01590 645300


1 comment:

  1. Good luck Stacey - we will be thinking of you ! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.