Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Monday 11 November 2019

Jabulani Gallery to close

Sally Hamilton of Jabulani Gallery in Milford on Sea high street has taken the decision to close her charming village shop to retire and focus on painting.

Sally writes...

Painting by Sally Hamilton
click image to enlarge
It is with great sadness that I will be closing the doors on Jabulani gallery and gift shop at Christmas, as the time has come for me to retire and to put my focus on my painting. 

It has been a wonderful seventeen years for me where I have forged great friendships and enjoyed continued support from the villagers and visitors alike. I am particularly grateful to all who have supported my art during this time. I shall open on the odd occasion for private views when I have a body of work for exhibition, and I will always be available to anyone wishing to purchase prints and cards, so do please just knock and I'll be happy to oblige. 

Seventeen years is a long time in business during theses challenging times, but for me, whilst I have faced the usual trials and tribulations that come with running a business, the success of Jabulani has been down to all of you in the village, and I remain incredibly grateful.

Editors Note: Without doubt the closing of Jabulani Gallery will be a loss to the charm of the village. We are pleased to hear that Sally will still be painting as she is a talented artist. Along with many who have the pleasure to know her we wish her all the best in her retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.