Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Saturday 4 December 2010

Christmas comes to Westover Hall

I wandered in Westover Hall the other day for a quick cup of coffee. Always a lovely place to visit anytime of the year, but right now it is like a Milford on Sea Christmas wonderland, with an enormous tree, beautiful decorations and a crackling log fire in the comfortable panelled lounge. As I chatted to Christine the owner, I was impressed to hear that their recent ‘Spanish Night’ held in November has raised £1000 for Naomi House Children's Hospice. David then enticed me into choosing a hot toddy, mulled wine or tea & coffee, as throughout December they all come with a complimentary mince pie from the hotel’s splendid pâtissier Mike. Coffee and a free mince pie was perfect for me.

As the welcome was as warm as ever, and they even humoured me for wearing shorts in the freezing weather, I am now planning to take my wife for a Christmas Lunch, Dinner or Afternoon Tea as I heard that they are serving some special complimentary seasonal canapés. I also found out that they are doing the seasonal canapés for ‘informal get togethers’ or ‘drinks parties with friends’, but I don’t have enough mates for that!

http://www.westoverhallhotel.com/  |  Tel: 01590 643044

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.