Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Sunday 1 February 2015

A Milford Thai Mistress

click image to enlarge
I know I keep banging on about how brilliant the Britannia Thai in Milford on Sea is now, ...but I can't help myself - it just is!

The magic word 'curry' automatically get my taste buds dancing, and given any excuse I am off to Zaika. But now, if my wife says shall we go to 'the Thai instead', I have a dilemma, - rather than my usual automatic argument that we should go Indian, and pointing out that lemon grass tastes like an air freshener and pak choi being the vegetable of the devil, I have to succumb to now knowing that the Britannia Thai has many delights on their menu.

Quite frankly, I have no idea how Thai food can taste so good, but a look at these pictures will get you wanting to dive in. (Sadly, licking the pictures will not give you the amazing favours.)

The dry-cured beef is a starter I have never experienced before, but I could eat it all day, and don't get me onto the Massaman or Thai Red curries, Weeping Tiger steak, the Slow Cooked Lamb Shank or the fresh Salt & Pepper Squid, all are delicious. Most extraordinary of all; vegetables are something I will normally only eat if forced or threatened with a vicious assault in a delicate place.... But now I find myself actually ordering the Green papaya salad with a spicy crushed cashew nut dressing because I like it. (Did I really just say 'salad' and 'like' in the same sentence?!)

Born in Thailand, Head Chef Songkiat Surin speaks little English, but he obviously has magic in his fingers.

click image to enlarge
Curry has been my companion in joy and sorrow for many decades now, indeed we have been through a lot together and spent lots of time in each others company across the globe. 

But now, my new Thai dining mistress is fighting hard for my affections. 

I will never leave curry, and I will still find many excuses to eat the fine curries at Zaika, but forgive me if I give in to Milford on Sea Thai temptation now and again. (Thai food mistress that is, not the other kind, which would result in my wife torturing me for hours, then bundling me up before chucking me from the tower at Hurst Castle!)

Anyway, don't take my word for it, just find an excuse to try the Britannia Thai for yourself!

Britannia Thai
1 High St, Milford on Sea, SO41 0QF
01590 642212

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.