Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Sunday 27 August 2023

New Beginnings Art Exhibition by Annie Sofiano

Strawberry Gallery are hosting the New Beginnings Art Exhibition by Annie Sofiano on Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd September 2023 - 10am to 5pm.

Annie's abstract art on canvas and fabric cushions will be on display to buy, or simply visit to enjoy.

About Annie Sofiano in her own words: 

As a mature student studying for my BA Art History degree, I rediscovered the New York Abstract Expressionist movement and I was hooked!

I relate to the vibrancy, the innovative approach and the ground-breaking works of these artists.

These works have influenced my style of painting – colourful splashes that have many interpretations – for me they convey joy, lightness and hope – energies that may be experienced by the viewer.

My background is in interior design, working with beautiful fabrics and creating exciting colour schemes for clients.

In complete contrast my partner and I moved to Mallorca to start a small country house Bed and Breakfast. While caring for the needs of happy holiday makers I still found time to paint, gaining inspiration from the light and beauty of the Mallorca countryside and coast. The hotel also gave me the opportunity to showcase my work and the guests loved it!

We had a great time there, but after 18 years we felt it was time to return to the UK and settled in Hordle, near Milford on Sea in 2021.

As well as painting canvases, I also designed and painted the scenery for the Village Pantomime in 2023 and I am looking forward to doing next years' scenery backdrops.

At last I feel that I have the time to devote to my art, exploring and developing new ideas.

I am happy to accept commissions. Just give me an idea of colours and we can go from there.

Annie Sofiano 

To read more about The Strawberry Gallery, please click here.

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

The Strawberry Gallery
106 High Street, Milford on Sea, SO41 0QE
07809 431866

The gallery is open:
Tuesdays: 10am to 4pm
Wednesdays: 10am to 1pm
Fridays & Saturdays: 10am to 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.