The flu season is fast approaching, and it is particularly important this year that as many people as possible receive the flu jab. Below is a copy of an email sent to all Milford and Wistaria patients who have signed up to receive email regarding the over 65 vaccinations.
You are now able to book you flu appointment – please check the table below before booking. All patients can attend either site, Wistaria or Milford.
If possible, please book your appointment online using your Patient Access account – this will help take the pressure off reception at this busy time of the year.
If you cannot use your online access account for any reason we would prefer you to email the Surgery for an appointment at this busy time - firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can call for an appointment - please phone 01590 643022 (preferably in the afternoon) and press option 0 to be taken through to our dedicated flu line.
Before you attend you should read the patient information leaflet for the vaccine which is available online as we are not able to hand out laminated sheets this year. Visit our new website www.wistariaandmilford.nhs.uk/flu to find links to these leaflets.
FLU CLINICS FOR PATIENTS OVER 65
Saturday 19th September: Milford
Sunday 27th September: Wistaria
There will be further dates available for those who cannot attend the above clinics.
Please read the following information carefully to ensure you attend safely on the day of your flu jab.
Things will be different this year due to COVID – please listen to our staff carefully.
· You may need to queue – it might feel a little like a visit to the supermarket
· You must have no symptoms - such as temperature, a new cough, change in taste or smell
· Attend on your own or only with your household if they are having the flu jab too
· Flu jab information will be sent to you regarding the ingredients and any contraindications
· Please remember your clinic colour
· Try and walk if you can, the car park will be busy
· Please arrive on time and DO NOT come early
· Please wear a face covering
· We will take your temperature on arrival and ask you to use hand sanitizer
· Minimise outdoor clothing, wear short sleeves or be ‘rolled up and ready’
· Outdoor clothing must be removed before entering the surgery - you cannot leave these in the waiting room as you will be leaving by a different exit
· We will arrive you at reception and give you a coloured card
· Please listen to our staff who will assist you whilst you are on the surgery premises
· You will need to follow a ‘one way’ route around the practice – this will be socially distanced
· After having your jab please leave the surgery premises without delay via the exit shown to you
Milford Medical Centre
Sea Road, Milford-on-Sea, SO41 0PG
Wistaria Court, 18 Avenue Road, Lymington, SO41 9GJ