The update below has been provided by All Saints’ Church
following the new National Lockdown
In response to the escalating infection rates of Covid-19 the Government announced the new National Lockdown on 4th January 2021. The Bishops of the Winchester Diocese wrote to all parishes on 5th January asking clergy and PCCs to consider suspending public worship and providing online worship in its place.
We were fully aware of the distress that this may cause to some and in our best attempts to alleviate that, we have put in place the following measures to allow people to continue to share safely in God’s grace and the good news of Jesus Christ for everyone.
Prayer – in church or on the telephone
1. If you wish to pray in church for any reason and you are free of Covid symptoms, we will unlock it at your request as soon as practicable. Please telephone the churchwardens, Olga Soper on 07835 821728 or 01590 642227, or Matt Allum on 01590 642310. Please allow us 24 hours’ notice if possible.
2. If you have Covid symptoms and wish to pray with someone over the telephone, please call Mary Sergel of our Prayer Ministry Team on 01590 645544.
Online Morning Worship and Coffee
3. Our popular online service of 10am Morning Worship is released each Sunday morning via our website at www.allsaintsmilford.co.uk. Following this service, we are starting a coffee meeting via Zoom from 10 January as an opportunity for anyone to have an informal chat with some of our congregation over coffee in your own home. You do not need to be a member of our church to be welcomed, all are welcome to join us for coffee and/or to see the service.
The links for the service and the Zoom coffee session are available from our weekly News Sheet which is circulated by email on Fridays. To be added to our mailing list, please email email@example.com. The coffee meet is from 11.15am to 11.45am each Sunday. The service remains available all week. If you need any help accessing these, please call Bill Darley on 07974 820940.
Zoom tea-time on Thursdays
4. We welcome those who wish to meet for an informal cup of tea in your own home on Thursday at 4pm for 40 mins. Tea at 4 will be hosted every Thursday on Zoom by Libby Gillespie-Smith from 14 January. To receive the link, please email Libby by clicking here or call on 01590 643964 or text on with your email address. Again, all are welcome, you do not need to be a member of our church.
Practical Telephone Support
5. Our Pastoral Care Team are available for any other practical concerns that you may have through Sue Forward on 07548 380004 or 01590 644533 or by clicking here, or Frances Daniel on 07881 826521 or 01590 642127 or by clicking here, Sue or Francis will aim to support you and/or point you in the right direction for help.
Our volunteer Teams are there to support you through these difficult times and to share God’s love for all people. Please just call us.
“So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11