Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Thursday 23 April 2020

Harvey inspired by Captain Tom

We have heard of a ten year old Milford on Sea schoolboy, Harvey Nelson who has decided to do what he can to raise money for the NHS.

Harvey, who in normal times attends Milford on Sea Primary School, had an idea to raise money for the NHS by setting himself a challenge to raise £1,100. As we write he has raised £590 and you can click here to see how he is doing now.

To see Harvey's explanation of what he is doing, and why, please read below:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Harvey and I am 10 years old. I’ve been inspired by Captain Tom Moore who has been raising money for the NHS. I really admire what he has been doing and I wanted to do my part! 

I’m going to be walking, running or cycling a minimum of 11km a day for 11 days (which is Capital Tom Moore’s 100th Birthday) and before my 11th Birthday. I am hoping to raise £1,100 for the NHS by then.

I would really appreciate it if you could sponsor me so that we can find a vaccine for the Coronavirus and we can get out of this horrible situation sooner than expected.

I have started my challenge today (19th April) and have just walked 11.2km (6.96 miles)! Please sponsor me if you can! Thank you!!

To donate to Harvey's fundraising, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.