Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Milford on Sea Food Week Postponed

It is with a tinge of regret that Milford on Sea Food Week will not be taking place in April 2018.

However, Food Week is not dead, it is just resting!

To explain, planning for Food Week starts around 6 months in advance and takes up around 3 full days a week to put everything in place.

For a number of years I had been 'semi-retired', which provided the time to enjoy putting together this fun event.

Last year my chief executive moved on to pastures new, so I stepped back into my company on a temporary basis.

That temporary basis has now become full-time again, as the company is growing in all areas; from our industry business management software to our online sourcing subscription services. Added to this we have created two new major industry events to take place this September and then in February 2018, plus we are building an exciting new industry data sharing product for launch early in the new year.

The village businesses, clubs and residents, plus the fabulous volunteers, have all been so supportive over the years, I thank you all for that, and I am sorry to disappoint anyone. But as you may imagine it is difficult to devote the necessary time right now.

(The weekly village newsletter is not in danger, I can still fit that in!)

Food Week will be back, just don't know when at the moment!

PS: The silly stories about my weird life and experiences are few at present. Not because of a short supply material (I still get in trouble with my wife on a regular basis), but because of the time needed to write them - they will also be back at some time!

If you would like to read some of the more ridiculous stories published in the past, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.