Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Saturday 15 October 2016

Sprout Tossing in Milford on Sea

Local Milford on Sea resident, Fredrick Webb has launched a new website (click here), the site announces The All England Brussel Sprout Tossing Contest and more. 

At its inaugural trial - 'The All England Brussel Sprout Tossing Contest - Charity Classic' the game did exactly what he hoped for as: kids, teenagers, parents and pensioners all joined in the fun and laughter. 

Fredrick has his own inimitable style in writing, saying; "English men of limp stalk, that stayed in bed will think themselves accursed they did not rise up to toss their sprouts on St Brussels Day."

Lord Gritt
A creditable £152.50 was raised for the Honeypot Children's Charity, and Fredrick reported that: "Lord Grit was so pleased, he wagged his tail."

The website also has 'Charity Sprout Kits' on sale, together with a range of books that Fredrick has written mainly for children.

There is no doubt Fredrick has had a colourful life, as his own words describe: "I was born in the tiny Suffolk hamlet of Thurlow Green and after five years at the village school, I went to Grammar School in the historic silk weaving town of Sudbury in Suffolk about an hour or so north of London. 

click image to enlarge
After a brief couple of years in the RAF I settled down for 17 years in the field of Banking the last twelve years being in the Middle East. It ended when the boss said, "I don't know what to do with you Webb!", but he paid me off well. 

I married in Benghazi, Libya and subsequently got divorced in the capital city of Iran, Teheran. In fact my ex-wife is the inspiration for 'Moody Rooby', the teenage witch who lives just outside the mythical Lantern County! 

Determined to never again be the subject of a 'boss', I struggled through 40 odd years in or on the fringes of the Toy Industry but it was writing that drew out my passions... so I began to write. However I very quickly found that both Toy shops and Publishers want "something similar to what is on the market" - heaven's forbid something original! This was totally contrary to my inner desires and contradicts my purpose in life - which is to provide something different.

The works I have written (available on my website!) are reflections of human life, the funny creatures we can be and how delightful we think we are. The views here are based on the belief that we can all be just a bit better. 

If this can get a few of you to see life through these characters, and let one or two of them take you by the hand into fresh and new joys of life on this planet, then this site and this man, will fulfil their purpose."


Fredrick Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.