Search This Blog

Sunday, 18 October 2015

Meadow Donated to Village

An eagle eyed reader has spotted that a section of Old Milford Meadow, which has been untouched for centuries and abuts All Saints' Church in Milford on Sea village, has been gifted to the Parish.

click image to enlarge
The offer of meadow land left by the late Miss Diana Gillespie will be discussed at Milford on Sea Parish Council meeting to be held on Monday 19th October 2015 in the Village Hall at 6.30pm. 

Previous planning applications for a section of the land was rejected by the Parish Council on 20th October 2014.

Diana Gillespie passed away peacefully on 4th June 2015. Tapper Funeral Service published this memory: Youngest daughter of the late Ronald and Kathleen Gillespie of The Old House, Milford-on-Sea; sister to Heather and the late John (killed in action 1944), niece of the late Douglas and Thomas, who died for their country in 1914/15. Artist, gardener, servant of All Saints Church, Milford on Sea and St Marks Church, Pennington and long term carer to her late parents. 

The offer to donate the meadow land to the village is a generous gesture by this long term resident, who clearly understood the uniqueness of Milford village and the need to keep this green land close to the village centre and Norman church for the benefit of the residents now and in the future. 

The Parish Council now need to decide whether to accept the legacy, as of course it come with the responsibility of maintenance costs. Hopefully they will see that this land is a benefit to the community as a whole.

--------------------------------------
Note: The outcome bequest of will be published in the Meeting Minutes on the Parish Council website, please click here.

Another Note!: We have just heard that the Parish Council have agreed to accept the bequest.

No comments:

Post a Comment