On these lovely summer evenings it is nice to see fisherman lining up along the beach, some with chairs, others with mini tents and most with a good supply of food & drink.
As they enjoy their hobby many are considerate to other beach users, but sadly some can be careless.
Recently a young dog swallowed this fishing hook (pictured on left) on the beach just in front of the car park by The Needles Eye Cafe. Sadly, the dog had to have a massive abdominal operation and was lucky to survive.
So if you have a dog or small child please keep an eye out.