Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Village Doctor on The Run

I am sure many of you will have seen at least part of the London Marathon last Sunday. What you may have missed, was me running dressed as a Space Alien. The course was hard work, and twenty six miles is certainly a long way in draylon and foam. Fortunately, I did not hit 'The Wall', but I was tempted to slap a running Dustbin who trod on my intergalactic toe. The Dog who tripped the Duck was not so lucky.

The irony was that I was running for the 'UK Mascot Society', and the £7.50 I raised with go towards their planned new 'Mascot Anger Management Programme'.

My time wasn't quite as good as I hoped, as I stopped at each drink station looking for something eat, and my support team had filled my drinks bottles with Scotch & Coke. I had been going well, but then my refreshment meant that it took me over an hour to just zig-zag up The Mall to the finish.

Whilst I was making up this nonsense, one of our local doctors from Milford Medical Centre was running the London Marathon for real.

Dr Charlotte Woodward was running in aid of Prostate Cancer Research, and she completed the course in 4hrs 43 mins, 9 minutes (about an hour behind me), Charlotte's time was an improvement on her previous run.

Charlotte said; "I had a great day, the weather was perfect, the atmosphere amazing & the support from everyone fantastic. Thank you everyone who has sponsored me for such a great cause."

Charlotte has raised about £2000 so far, and she would like to thank all the patients of Milford Medical Centre who have sponsored her.

It is not too late to show your support for Charlotte and her great causes. If you can spare a few quid please sponsor her here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/CharlotteWoodward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.