Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Thursday 11 October 2012

Food Week 2014 & The Great Dining Bus

I thought I would let you be first to know that Milford on Sea Food Week is taking a break in 2013. Don’t worry though, it will be back with a vengeance in 2014!
 
As you may know, I semi-retired a couple of years ago, well at least I thought I had! All was going rather well, and then the calm was broken! Last year my business launched a major annual industry networking event, and right now we are heavily into organising a brand new industry exhibition for January 2013. On top of all this, we are building & planning a new business management software package to be launched to the industry in March 2013. As you may expect, all this activity is pretty exciting, and I have been drawn back into the business full time until all of these project are complete.
 
This may also explain why my wife & I have not been seen out and about in Milford on Sea over the past few months!
 
As a result, I simply do not have the time to organise of Food Week 2013. To do so, takes around three days a week from October until April, and sadly, I will now be fully committed elsewhere.
 
Having come so far with the help of great volunteers, the support of local restaurateurs and the enthusiastic attendance of so many from the village, it has been a big decision to make. Particularly, as I just love great food! However, I hope everyone will understand. This is a one off change, and I remain totally committed to what has been created into a significant village event over the past few years.
 
The Great Dining Bus: We do have some exciting news for next year though. The Great Dining Bus will again be on the village roads, taking you for a gourmet experience in all of our best village restaurants. The programme is going to be planned to take place in April 2013, and will be launched early in the new year. The restaurants don't know the details yet (as I haven't yet spoken to them!), but I know they are all keen to participate, and to have you all visit. They will all be involved in the planning towards to end of this year.
 
Having run the first Great Dining Bus during last Food Week we know many people missed out on the delectable and fun experience. Our aim is that more people can participate this time, enjoying each course in a different village restaurants, whilst making new friends and enjoying the company of who you come with.
 
For lovers of Food Week, don’t panic, we will be back from Monday 7th April 2014 to Sunday 13th April 2014, and it will be bigger and better than ever!
 
(School Holidays are Holiday from Mon 7th to 21st April 2014. Good Friday is 18th April and Easter Monday is 21st April 2014, so as always we are making sure the kids can be fully involved.)

Visit the Great Dining Bus Website: www.greatdiningbus.co.uk
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.