Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Thursday 22 March 2012

Big Bloke on the Radio

It will come as much as a surprise to you, as it has to me, that your editor has been invited to appear on the radio, twice!  That is of course providing my first appearance is deemed acceptable.

Naturally, I shall be taking the chance to let all of the BBC Radio Solent listeners discover about the delights of both Milford on Sea and our Food Week. 

I of course, have the perfect face and physique for radio.  My voice is currently being trained, to ensure that listeners picture me as a George Clooney lookalike sitting just in underpants.

In addition to this, the invitation includes being the ‘Guest Paper Reviewer’ on the Nick Girdler Sunday Morning Show.  I shall be reading the newspapers an hour or so before, then Nick and I will discuss my selected stories of the day.

As you may expect, I will first look for 'Food Stories', to give Food Week another plug.  Next, I will look for 'Ridiculous Stories' which appeal to my inappropriate sense of humour.  If I have to resort to 'Grown Up' stories, I will be
able to give it the slant of a natural village idiot.

On Tuesday, your editor will be on The Katie Martin Show, and once again Food Week will be our top topic of discussion.

If you fancy tuning in to witness my embarrassment, hear the nonsense we discuss for the day’s stories in the Sunday newspapers, or listen to the Tuesday appearance, please just set your radio dial to:

Sunday 25th March 2012 | The Nick Girdler Show from 09.30am until 09.45am

BBC Radio Solent: 96.1 & 103.8FM: 999 and 1039 AM: DAB: bbc.co.uk/solent

 and

Tuesday 27th March 2012 | The Katie Martin Show at 1.30pm
BBC Radio Solent: 96.1 & 103.8FM: 999 and 1039 AM: DAB: bbc.co.uk/solent

PS: If I am not on the Katie Martin Show on Tuesday, you will know my appearance on The Nick Girdler Show did not go so well, and that I am banned from all BBC premises!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.