Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Saturday 30 July 2011

Looking for Gillian and Janet Griffiths

We have been sent an article which appeared in the Daily Mail recently.  In their ‘Missing’ section was a story about Graham Thornton, who is looking to find two sisters with whom he spent a holiday at Sea Pines in Milford on Sea during the early fifties.  At the time, we understand that Sea Pines was a large Victorian House used as a holiday home.  Its remains now sit under the flats built in its place on the cliff top.  The Lymington Directory for 1955 notes that Sea Pines was a private school in Milford on Sea, however four years later, the school was no longer listed. 

This appeal may be longshot as it was over fifty years ago, but who knows, someone might remember something. 

The full story is below, and if have any information that might help him in his quest, please just let us know.

*click image to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. I live in Sea Pines and will make some enquiries. I didn't even know the building used to be a school. If I find anything - and i love research - I'll post another comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina Nevrou1 December 2011 at 16:26

    I Dec 2011
    I am from Greece and I spend 3 summers at Sea Pines School,1953,1954,1955 learning English and having a wonderful time on visits to Isle of Wight,the cliffs and the sea (although too cold for me coming from Greece.)Unfortunately I cannot remember the two sisters
    Christina Nevrou.

    ReplyDelete

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.