Clubs, Classes & Sports

What's On

Wednesday 25 November 2009

A new art gallery for the village

We have a new art gallery opening Monday 7th December in Milford on Sea village. All the works featured in Landfall Gallery are from local artists, or to be more specific artists, who Sally can reach in a cycle ride. Fortunately for Sally (& her legs) she is also featuring artisans from within our own village. This concept for product selection intrigued me, & I considered whether I could open a village shop on the same basis.

To test Sally’s concept I squeezed myself into my wife’s lycra yoga outfit, or was it spandex, I never can tell. Anyway, I found my bike & set off pedalling to see how far I would have to travel for the stock for my new shop. However, struggling to breathe & conscious of bulges which I had never noticed when my wife wore this outfit, I only reached the Pleasure Gardens before the police stopped me. They returned me home, but only after my wife promised that she would not let me out again in her attire. I wasn’t really bothered anyway, as I couldn’t see much of a market for large trees & shrubs inside a village shop. Not unusually I digress, so back to the real story.

Sally’s new gallery opens on 1st December & after having had a sneak preview, I can confirm that it is worth a visit. The new gallery will feature paintings of local scenes, pottery, cookware, hanging glass, ornaments, presents, gifts, cards & crafts. The newly renovated shop breathes new life into 98 High Street (next door to Monks), which has been empty, & in a sorry state for several years. Sally is not new to the area, as was once a pupil at Priestlands school & she is excited to also now be living in the village. Good luck Sally & thanks for choosing Milford on Sea for your new venture.

http://www.landfall-gallery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Your comment will be approved by the administrator before publication. This could take 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.